Thursday, March 08, 2018

When it Rains...

When it rains, it pours. I have heard that old adage a lot the last few months and have been guilty of saying it myself. More than I'll ever own up to. No, really, you don't want to know just how often I muttered it to myself or whined it to another human. Because isn't it easy to just see the negatives and confirm to yourself that only negative is happening. To only see the rain. Sure is for me.  

I was driving with my kids and they were being...kids...but I'm pretty sure not the humanoid kind, the literal goat kind. Fighting. Bouncing. Screaming. And my poor head was not up to handling them again. So I did the only reasonable thing- I started whining it to myself because so so so much was weighing down on me. Then my thoughts started wandering, which is dangerous in my mind-the exits are not clearly marked, and I began pondering springtime with rainstorms and sometimes downpours. Sometimes these storms can bring traffic to a halt and cause a disruption, but no matter how hard or how long they last they must come to an end. At the completion we find life renewed.


Did you catch that? Even the longest and hardest of storms come to an end and life is renewed. That. That slammed me in the chest and I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a second. My personal storms never last and at the finish there is so much good that came from it. So many blessings and tiny miracles I can see with the clouds gone from view.



You guys! I can't even word this. lskejrohsgh;lsha;ksjdjhnfsnglkj sjhgf;sjhd;flkjas. That's what happens when I try, but I wanted to tell you in my mixed up way that YOUR own storms will end. YOUR life is beautiful and YOUR life will be renewed. This is not going to beat you down.






LOVES!

2 comments:

  1. Needed to read that today. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, wise, and inspiring message! I am one who had used that phrase often, and i will never use it again without thinking of your post. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete